Iram Sammar (anti-racist geography consultant)
MA Geography Education, PhD Student, BA and PGCE Geography, Writer, and Speaker
Iram Sammar is the lead consultant with a team of freelance geography educators always looking for opportunities to listen, engage and consult on anti-racist and decolonial geography education.
If you wish to contact us please fill out the following form https://forms.gle/EqJ2NWwJ7bLR3H9G9 and we will offer you a free 30 minutes consultancy opportunity to discuss your query.
Why do this?
- Because every student in your school or institution deserves the best you can offer them to reflect their ‘every day geographies’ as advocated by the Geographical Association.
- Because it will help you focus on your own existing curriculum and students to include their cultural and spiritual heritages.
- Because it is important to create an anti-racist and decolonial environment in your institution.
We believe geography is a fantastic subject that every child should experience from primary right through to secondary education and beyond – particularly students from the Black and Minority Ethnic communities. However, we are keen to visit your school no matter what the ethnic background or cultural heritage.
To help you get started, here are a few questions:
- Who are your students and who are your staff?
- What topics do you think you’ll need help with in developing a more inclusive and anti-racist approach to learning?
- What kind of service would you like from us?
- Would you like us to help you transform the teaching and learning in your school to give you practical anti-racist and decolonising ideas?
You’re not alone, many educators and schools need support when it come to difficult issues around race and racism/Islamophobia. We promise you solutions and easy steps to get it right in the classroom.
Can’t think how to get started? Just fill out the form and one of our consultants will offer you a free 30 minutes consultancy to get you thinking of your own personal needs and that of your school or institution.
When you’re ready to try our services, fill out the Salaam Geographia query form https://forms.gle/EqJ2NWwJ7bLR3H9G9 and we will be there to help.
GEReCo open forum engaged with academic geographers’ work on anti-racism. Watch:
Teach Meet GAConf22
Salaam Geographia Channel
Get in touch
At Salaam Geographia we are always looking to work with geography teachers and educators develop their understanding of anti-racism and decoloniality or anything that bring about community cohesion, don’t hesitate in reaching out.
Teaching Geography Book Review: